Thursday, April 22, 2010

A little taste of wine country

So my dad's company was just recent acquired by another company and as a result my dad has a new President/CEO and I must say I like him already! :) When the two companies first merged he invited everyone to his home for a dinner. My dad was so blown away. This man had a home people can only dream of. My dad said it was absolutely amazing and to top it all off he had a wine cellar in his basement. My dad got to talking to him about wine and of course my love of all things wine. The last time they met up a few weeks ago he had just returned from a trip to California's Wine Country and surprised my dad with a few bottles of wine for Brett and I. We loved it! Let's be real here, Brett and I are not rolling in the dough so we don't typically buy expensive bottles of wine so to get treated to not only one bottle but three thru us over the edge. We have loved sampling the wine! It's been amazing with everything from pizza to steaks!

My dad was so sweet. He surprised Brett and I last weekend with our bottles of wine and all the wine accessories to boot! It was a wonderful weekend full of delicious food and red wine!



No comments:

Post a Comment