Sunday, August 1, 2010

The road to recovery...

Well it was a hard week but I am well on my way down the road to recovery! The doctor was not lying those first few days are rough... lots of pain and dizziness (F.Y.I. PAIN PILLS SUCK!). It's a darn good thing I have such a great husband to take care of me! He is so amazing! The doctors and nurses gave him a page of instructions and he followed them to every last detail! He had his alarm set to wake me every 4 hours for pain medication and was busy getting ice in the ice pack machine every 2 hours I seriously think he passed out at the end of each night! :) Between caring for me, playing with the dog, and cleaning up the apartment he literally ran himself to sleep every night--- BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD! Now back to the shoulder... the surgeon was very happy with the results of the surgery! NO more bone spur! NO more ligament tear! NO more bursitis! NO more cyst! and NO more fluid! I am one happy girl! You go from being in so much pain to finally feeling like there is some light at the end of the tunnel! Each day I am able to move a bit more and feel like I am getting a little stronger- couple weeks of physical therapy and I should be back in business!

Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes- We are so lucky to have such amazing family and friends that called to check up on us and spoil us with get well wishes and gifts! You all are the BEST!

Thank you to my parents for feeding my hubby every night- He is still talking about those delicious shrimp you brought over!

Thank you to my awesome sister for out get well lunch! Pregnant and ready to pop and she still took care of her big sister! :)

Thank you
to Brett's parents and sister for the beautiful flowers! It was so nice to have two beautiful arrangements to look at while I was laid up on the couch!You guys are amazing!I definitely know where my husband gets it from! :)

Thanks to my dad for making the trip up her to be with us during my surgery... I know it was a quick trip but I am so grateful you were able to be here! Can't wait to see you when you get back in from vacation!

THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE!
Healing is SO much easier with the help of great family and friends!

Some pictures on my incisions. Three small holes and a whole lot of bruising and swelling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment