Monday, June 21, 2010

MRI Results are in...

The MRI results are in and they were what we were expecting. Unfortunately I will be having surgery on July 20th. :( I was able to meet up with my surgeon Monday morning to go over all of the crappy details. A few months back when I had my x-ray they were able to find a bone spur so to take care of that problem he is going to go in and cut that off and shave down my shoulder bone some to give my shoulder some room to bend and move without pitching and squeezing on everything. The MRI also found a cyst. From the looks of things the cyst developed from a torn ligament which is causing some bursitis and an impingement in my shoulder. Basically if we get those two main problems taken care of the other problems will quickly heal as well. My surgeon said it will be a fairly quick surgery and I should be free to head home once I come out of the anesthesia. With a success rate of about 85%. He said being as young as I am if all goes as planned I should feel relief in about a week- once the sling is removed it will be happy shoulder movement for me!

I have never had surgery before so I am a little nervous (to say the least...)!As most of you know I am a major control freak! I have to know whats going to happen, when its going to happen... I need an exact plan! You throw doctors and a hospital into the mix and you have anything but control! Brett is just happy I will be loopy on meds so I don't freak out too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment