Monday, May 10, 2010

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!

On Saturday May 8th my mom and I were honored to participate in the Susan G. Komen Salt Lake City Race for the Cure! It was an amazing honor! So many people turned out for this fabulous event. An event that aims to find the cure for breast cancer! It was amazing to see-literally people from every walk of life turned up to show there support for this wonderful cause. This organization is very close to my heart. As I mentioned in an early post my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and since that time several of the women of my life have had a scare with this terrible disease. Although she is no longer with us my grandmother has remained a constant light of love and support in our family. A women all of us girls strive to make proud. She was a strong, independent woman who loved life and cherished her family. I was so honored to wear her name on my shirt and run in her honor. I can not wait to do it again next year! My mom and I are already planning our theme... that's right family and friends! Next year we are going all out! Team name! Shirts! Cute Outfits! And of course lots and lots of pink! We will keep you all posted on next years date! Hopefully you can all join us and help us race for the cure!

My amazing husband and I.
Nothing better than your dad and hubby cheering you on!


Mom and I at the end of the race!


The finish line!WAY TO GO!


Seriously SO many people! Men, women, and children! Everywhere you looked PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment